Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fried Rice and German Paramedic May Cure Sprain

I'll try to keep this brief detailed updates to follow when time permits:

  • I'm in Hanoi now.
  • Shortly before leaving I sprained my ankle in Saigon.
  • Emily's friend Caroline is a paramedic.
  • I definitely failed to bring the tensor bandage I considered bringing.
  • Caroline knows of something called Emulgel, a contact cream that reduces pain and swelling. Between early ice, the cream, Caroline's brilliant bandage wrapping, and my paranoid obsession with elevation, I now feel as though my ankle is fine.
  • Unlike Saigon, almost everything in Hanoi is closed at night and the streets are dark and eerie...
  • ... but you can find food if you limp around long enough.
  • My ankle only started to feel fine after I ate fried rice so maybe it helped cure my sprain.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment